10.23.2007

12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Acid House (1998)

I'm not going to write very much about this movie, because it was stupid and I don't want to waste my bloggy-breath on it. This is a movie based on an Irvine Welsh book about white trash Scottish people, much like its more successful movie sibling Trainspotting (1996), but it contains more pointless violence, more gnarly sex, and more creepy baby footage than Trainspotting. Now I usually like sex and violence (I'll cover the creepy babies later), but only when it's done with style a la Fulltime Killer(2001). This movie does not have violence with style, it's just got a lot of sweaty Scottish people shoving each other around for no good reason. The plot consists of three separate short stories that have nothing to do with each other, and when I arrived at the last story there was a glimmer of hope for a moment that the last story was going to be amazing and cancel out the badness of the other two, but then a creepy claymation baby appeared! And it stayed and established itself as a main character in the story! Gross. Don't watch this movie.

No comments: